What is REM?
According to 6102 numbered Turkish Trade Act denunciation and warnings of pushing into default, termination of contract, renege on a contract are done via notary registered mail, telegram or safe electronic signature using registered electronic mail service.
Registered Electronic Mail (REM) is the general name of the system;
- in which sender and receiver is specified,
- where the content, sending-receiving date and time fastened with electronic signature and time stamp,
- which creates the evidential document and protects it.
Advantages of REM
- Provides identifying sender and receiver.
- Provides storing the information like sender, receiver, delivery time etc. and using these as evidence legally.
- Guarantees that the content of an e-mail can not be changed by someone else.
- Provides accurate identification of sending and receiving time, if it is sent or received.